6.12.2008

homemade love.

Adam's Father's day gift....
Every holiday, Adam says he doesn't want any gifts and makes me promise that I will not buy him anything. Every holiday I agree, and then break the promise, as those who know me, know that I love to shop &  give gifts. However, I actually stuck to my promise this year and didn't buy him a gift, but rather made him a gift... which I knew he would both appreciate and like better than a store bought gift anyway. I actually was so excited to give it to him, that Father's day came a few days earlier this year. 



Front of Tie


Back of Tie


The reverse lining of the tie was a green tye-dye...Adam's favorite color and pattern!


And of course, I had to use a Baby Laene label as the ribbon to hold the inner tie piece down.

 I will post a picture of Adam modeling his new tie, once he finds an occasion to wear it! ha!

I do think this might be Adam's favorite gift ever though. I am going to have to start planning now what I could make him for Christmas...how do you craft a frisbee or a tent? ha!


No comments: